2 minutes, 35 seconds
With the Pexels integration feature, users can leverage the vast collection of high-quality images available on Pexels to add visually appealing images to their blog posts.
This integration streamlines the image selection process by leveraging the Pexels API and the analysis capabilities of the OpenAI API.
This documentation article provides a comprehensive guide on how to set up and utilize the Pexels integration feature in the IntelliPress plugin.
Before using the Pexels integration feature, ensure that you have the following:
- A WordPress website with the IntelliPress plugin installed and activated.
- An API key from Pexels. You can obtain this key by signing up on the Pexels website (https://www.pexels.com/) and creating an account.
To enable the Pexels integration and configure the necessary settings, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Navigate to the “IntelliPress” tab in the sidebar and click on “Settings.”
- In the IntelliPress settings page, locate the “Pexels API” section.
- Enter your Pexels API key in the designated field.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button to store the API key.
Once you have configured the Pexels integration, the IntelliPress plugin will automatically generate featured images for your blog posts. The images will be randomly selected from the Pexels API based on a search term generated by the OpenAI API’s analysis of your blog post’s content.
To create a blog post with an automatically generated featured image, follow these steps:
- Go to the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click on “Posts” and then “Add New” to create a new blog post or select an existing post to edit.
- Write or edit the content of your blog post as desired.
- Scroll down to the “IntelliPress Settings” section in the right-hand sidebar.
- Click on the “Generate Image” button.
- The IntelliPress plugin will analyze the content of your blog post using the OpenAI API and generate a relevant search term.
- It will then send a request to the Pexels API using the generated search term and your API key.
- The Pexels API will return a randomly selected image from the results and set it as the featured image for your blog post.
- You can preview the generated featured image by clicking on the “Preview” button.
- If you are satisfied with the generated image, click on the “Publish” or “Update” button to save your blog post with the featured image.
If you encounter any issues or errors while using the Pexels integration feature, consider the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that your Pexels API key is correctly entered in the IntelliPress plugin settings.
- Verify that your API key is active and has not expired. If necessary, generate a new API key from the Pexels website.
- Check your internet connection to ensure that the plugin can communicate with the Pexels API.
- Make sure that your OpenAI API key is valid and properly configured. The IntelliPress plugin relies on the OpenAI API for content analysis.
If the issue persists or you require further assistance, please reach out to our support team for personalized troubleshooting.
Next: Content Generator Block